zaterdag 19 mei 2012

Design Process: Top Down Cardi part 5

Done with the body!!!
Before starting with the border I made a life line, by threading a sewingthread through the sts on the needle. Most of the time I use life lines after I messed up.... Yes I know....stupid ;)
But know I remembered it on time, now if I mess up the border for any reason I can ripp back without messing up the body.

Klaar met de body!!!!
Voordat ik begin met de rand aanbreien heb ik eerst een levenslijn aangelegd, door naaigaren door de steken op de naald te rijgen. Meestal leg ik een levenslijn pas aan nadat ik alles verprutst heb.... Jaja, ik weet het....domdom ;)
Maar nu dacht ik erop tijd aan, dus als ik nu de rand verpruts kan ik het uithalen.



The sts for the border are casted on directly on the good side of the body with working yarn (no more ends to be sewn in) with a cabled cast on (my fav) the sts marker is purely mend to divide the new sts from the sts from the body so I won't mess up the total sts count for the cast on ;)

De steken voor de rand zet ik meteen op aan de goede kant van het werk met dezelfde werkdraad (minder draden wegwerken). Voor deze opzet gebruik ik het breiend opzetten (zie technieken) mijn favoriet. De steekmarkeerder gebruik ik alleen om erevoor te zorgen dat ik de goede hoeveelheid steken erbij opzet


And here's the start of the border

Hier is het begin van de rand


- Marleen

5 opmerkingen:

Jolanda zei

Hallo Marleen, goed bezig en wat slim die levenslijn, dat kan ik iedere toer wel doen, haha!! Ik heb de streng tot een mooie bol weten op te winden, gewoon met hulp van 2 stoelen! Ik ga vrolijk door met Morgenster, ben dus al bezig met de hoofdkleur!!

Marleen zei

Fijn!!! Ik ben heel benieuwd hoe die gaat worden in die kleurstelling ;)

Marleen zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Unknown zei

Hi Marleen,

You are a beautiful knitter and an inspiration to me. I love these "Design Process" posts and am learning lots! :)

What an excellent idea to take pics of your notes and upload them to iCloud. I suffer from knitting notes loss... but (hopefully)no longer!

I think that it is great you can knit and read at the same time. I've read that Ysolda Teague does this too. Hmmm. A great way to get my summer reading in too.

Thanks!

Marleen zei

Thankss for your kind words Melissa ;)
Knitting and reading is not as hard as it seems, it just takes a lot of practise. Just start by practising knitting only Garter Stitch with your eyes closed to get the hang of it. Try not to fall asleep ;) it's very relaxing ;)