maandag 12 april 2010

Project Elena

When I first saw this yarn at the craft fair in Zwolle I fell in love with the colors, I already made Althea from the same yarn and I thought the yarn was also perfect for a summer top....BUT.... I bought only 1 skein...would that be enough?
Calculation after calculation....It would be a close call.
I started the lace pattern on size 3.75mm to get some more lenght and drape for the lower part of the body and used 3mm needles for the rest of the body. To save some yarn I crochet 6 straps instead of knitting them. I also made a straight back to save some more yarn. I also knitted faster and faster to the end of the project, cause you all know that that saves yarn, LOL.
I ended up not using all the yarn, I had 5 grams left :) Still I was anxious...did I meassure it correctly? Would it fit after blocking? Well see for yourselves!
Now it's time to appologize for the crappy IPhone pics, I promise to make better pics soon :)

Toen ik de eerste keer dit garen zag op de handwerkbeurs in Zwolle werd ik helemaal verliefd op de kleuren. Ik had van hetzelfde garen al Althea gemaakt en vond dat dit garen ook perfect was voor een zomertopje....MAAR....ik had maar 1 streng gekocht....zou dat genoeg zijn? Berekening na berekening....het zou er om spannen.Ik begon met het ajourpatroon op naald 3.75 om wat meer lengte en soepel weefsel te krijgen voor het onderste gedeelte van het lijfje, voor de rest gebruikte ik naald 3mm. Om wat garen te besparen haakte ik de 6 bandjes in plaats van ze te breien.Om nog meer te besparen maakte ik een rechte rug. En natuurlijk ging ik tegen het einde van het project steeds sneller breien want dat schijn ook garen te besparen, LOL. Uit eindelijk hield ik nog 5 gram over :) Maar nog steeds zenuwachtig...klopte alle berekeningen wel? Zouhet wel goed passen na het blocken? Nou kijk zelf maar!
Oke nu is het tijd om even sorry tezeggen voor de waardeloze IPhone foto's. Ik zal snel mooiere foto's maken, beloofd! :)
The Yarn/Het Garen: Opus sok from Storm in the Attic (Rav link)

Blocking


Me in the kitchen wearing the top/Ikke in de keuken met het topje aan

Geen opmerkingen: